Ortega y Gasset Projects (OyG) is an artist-run curatorial collective and exhibition space in Gowanus, Brooklyn. Instagram
- Eleanna Anagnos (Brooklyn, NY) – Instagram
- Joshua Bienko (Knoxville, TN) – Instagram
- Clare Britt (Chicago, IL) – Instagram
- Catherine Haggarty (Jersey City, NJ) – Instagram
- Eric Hibit (Queens, NY) – Instagram
- Will Hutnick (Wassaic, NY) – Instagram
- Leeza Meksin (NY, NY) – Instagram
- Sarah Rushford (Boston, MA) – Instagram
- Zahar Vaks (Brooklyn, NY) – Instagram
- Lauren Whearty (Philadelphia, PA) – Instagram
We recognize that exploration is key to the sustainment of artistic vitality. Thus, we embark on an exploratory model where artists take the role of curator, critic and promoter. Working without specific intentions of commercial profit or an explicit curatorial ideology, the goal of OyG is to mount exhibitions that provoke interpretation and dialogue. In doing so, we participate within a wider forum to disseminate aesthetic experience in new ways and expand our roles, priorities and scope of influence within art culture.
Working collaboratively over geographical distances allows OyG to extend beyond local communities and forge larger networks of cultural dialogue.
Generous support from Kathryn Lofton and Lauren F. Adams helps with OyG’s operational needs. In the past years supporters also included Marcel Campbell, Clare Britt, Frtiz Horstman and Diane Karp. This support helps us fund the Ortega y Gasset Internship stipend program. Previous and current recipients include: Kemar Hutchinson, Hannah Schutzengel (2016-17); Hayley Anderson, Julia Ribeiro, Kaini Zhou (2015-16); Amy Stober, Megan Heckmann (2015-14); Netta Sadovsky, Alex Zandi and Kaini Zhou (2013-14).
Ortega y Gasset Projects @ The Old American Can Factory
363 Third Ave
Brooklyn, New York 11215
Open Saturdays & Sundays 1-6pm and by appointment